Đề xuất Danh mục Đề tài Khoá luật tốt nghiệp năm học 2019-2020
SUGGESTED TOPICS FOR ENGLISH MAJOR STUDENTS’ GRADUATION PAPERS
THEME 1: Practical language skills
- A Study on Common Errors in Paragraphs/IELTS Task 1/Essays Written by the English-major Students at HLU
- An Investigation into the Strategies for Developing Reading/Listening/Speaking Skills to English-major Students at HLU
- Difficulties in Listening/Reading/Writing/Listening encountered by English-major Students at HLU
- A study on oral presentation difficulties of English majors at HLU in the speaking lessons and solutions
- A Study on Developing Learner Autonomy amongst English-major Students at HLU to improve Listening/Reading/ Writing/ Speaking skills
- Correlation between reading comprehension and academic performance.
- An investigation into the effect of watching movies in English on improving learners’ speaking skill
- Common errors in English speaking lessons of English major students at a University in Vietnam.
- Factors that motivate English major students in writing lessons.
- A study on English major students’ attitudes towards peer feedback in writing lessons at Hanoi Law University.
- A survey on current reading strategies of English major/ non-English major students at Hanoi Law University.
- Improving reading comprehension through extensive reading activity: An action research for first/ second year English majors at Hanoi Law University.
- Demotivating factors in English speaking lessons of English major students at Hanoi Law University
- Learners’ perceptions of teachers’ oral feedback in English speaking lessons.
- A study on integrating reading-writing skills to improve the writing skill.
- Students’ attitudes towards making English presentations at Hanoi Law University.
- Motivation and attitudes of Hanoi Law University English major students towards learning English.
THEME 2: Language Teaching & Learning Methodology
- An investigation into English-major students’ and teachers’ attitudes towards the application of IT/social networking/ in language teaching and learning
- A study on using idiomatic expressions in writing essays for majored-students at Hanoi Law University.
- An application of rubric method for improving presentation skill of majored- students at Hanoi Law University
- Techniques of Improving Pronunciation for English-major Students at HLU
- Using video recording project to improve pronunciation for English major/ non-English major students at Hanoi Law University.
- Using information technology in learning reading/speaking/listening/writing skills amongst English-major Students at HLU
- Applying Cooperative Learning to Develop Speaking/Writing Skills of English-major Students at HLU
- An Investigation on English Learning Strategies Of First Year Students at HLU
- A Study on the effects of the implementation of mastery learning competencies as perceived by the teachers on the teaching of reading to non-major students at Hanoi Law University.
- Application of the problem-solving teaching approaching in introduction to English group-work
- Classroom behavioral problems and academic achievement of Students in selected Universities in Hanoi
- Code switching and code mixing attitude and English performance of University students
- Cognitive and Attitudinal Effects Of Cooperative Learning at Hanoi Law University
- Combining translation into the second language and second language learning: an integrated computational approach
- Comparing Second Language Acquisition in Low-proficiency and High-proficiency Adult Second Language Learners
- A study on the roles of social networks in English language learning process.
- A study on the role of information and communication technologies (ICT) in English learning process
- The relationship between second language learning motivation and learner autonomy.
- Strategies for coping with face-to-face oral communication problems employed by English major students at Hanoi Law University.
THEME 3: Legal English
- A study on common problems in learning Legal English vocabulary faced by English-major Students at HLU
- An investigation into Legal English vocabulary learning strategies of English-major Students at HLU
- A Study on Learners’ Evaluation of Legal English Materials at HLU
- An investigation into the problems faced by teachers and students in teaching and learning Legal English at HLU
- An study on using passive voice in British legal documents and equivalent understandings in Vietnamese.
- A study on ESP learners’ speaking anxiety at a University in Vietnam.
- Challenges in learning legal reading skills of the English major students at Hanoi Law University.
- Difficulties and strategies for improving English legal reading skill of English major students at Hanoi Law University
- Using the Internet to promote autonomous learning in ELP (English for Legal Purposes) of English majors at Hanoi Law University.
- A study on ways of forming English collocations to enrich the legal English vocabulary.
- An effective way of enhancing vocabulary in legal contexts through reading newspapers.
THEME 3: LINGUISTIC THEORY
- Comparable structural priming from comprehension and production: Evidence against error-based learning of syntactic structure.
- A contrastive analysis of the rhetoric question in English and Vietnamese to ỉmprove the presentation skill.
THEME 4: CULTURE, LITERATURE & CROSS-CULTURAL COMMUNICATION
- English-major Students’ Attitudes towards Cultural Learning at HLU
- Learners’ perceptions of learning culture in Foreign Language Classroom
- Strategies to foster intercultural communication awareness
3. Strategies to enhance intercultural communication competence
4. Face-work in conflict: A cross-cultural comparison of Vietnamese and the United States
5. Individualism and collectivism: A cross-cultural comparison of Americans and Vietnamese
6. Imagined Interactions: A cross-cultural comparison of Americans and Vietnamese
7. Relational Interdependent Self-Construal in communication: a case study
8. Face Concerns in Interpersonal Conflict: A cross-cultural empirical study of the Face Negotiation theory
9. Cultural Patterns: A cross-cultural comparison across the United States and Vietnam
10. Cultural Influences on Interpersonal Relationships
11. Strategies to minimize stereotypes and maximize cross-cultural understanding: Case study
12. Conversational Constraints among Vietnamese and Americans
13. An analysis of cultural biases across Vietnamese and Americans
14. Low and High Context Culture A cross-cultural comparison of Americans and Vietnam
15. Difficulties in learning culture and suggested solutions
16. Enhance language skills through learning American- British literature
17. A cross-cultural study of daily communication between Vietnamese and American - From the perspective of high context and low context culture.
18. An analysis of a literary device (allusion, euphemism, foreshadowing, imagery, metaphor/simile, allegory …) in songs/ poems/ works of literature to highlight rhetorical effect.
19. An analysis of Metaphor of love/ life/death/… in songs/ poems/ works of literature: from cognitive perspective
20. A contrastive study on metaphor of love/ life… in Vietnamese and English poems/ songs...
21. An analysis of irony in some stories by …. (specific authors) from cognitive perspective and linguistic perspective
22. A (contrastive) study on major themes of works in periods of American-Bristish literature..